Thursday, June 6, 2013

for all our yesterdays

Photo



buddhabrot: morgan freeman is actually my favorite actor ever 



buddhabrot:

morgan freeman is actually my favorite actor ever 

Photo



"Athletes train and eat, they don't exercise and diet."

"Athletes train and eat, they don't exercise and diet."

- Phil Stevens (via levanna)

Photo



Photo



europebucketlist: The Vatican



europebucketlist:

The Vatican

Photo





Photo





Photo



thefrogman: Sheldon, the tiny dinosaur that thinks he's a...





thefrogman:

Sheldon, the tiny dinosaur that thinks he's a turtle
by Amber [tumblr | deviantart]

"I no longer know If I wish to drown myself in love, vodka, or the sea."

"I no longer know
If I wish to drown myself
in love,
vodka,
or the sea."

- Unknown (via ipretenditsabeer)

thefrogman: Ollie the Kitten [tumblr | flickr]







thefrogman:

Ollie the Kitten [tumblr | flickr]

Photo





Photo



eatsleepdraw: hannahelisabethillustrations.tumblr.com



eatsleepdraw:

hannahelisabethillustrations.tumblr.com

Photo



"Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program...."

"

Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking soundbites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, 'that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'The Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machinegun?"

The obscure 1995 Leonardo DiCaprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. Kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, "The NBC Nightly News" and other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them.

The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.

"

- Roger Ebert (via 602x1023)

thefrogman: Pocket Penguin by Jacqueline C. [tumblr | twitter]



thefrogman:

Pocket Penguin by Jacqueline C. [tumblr | twitter]

gatsbyadventures: Siblings. Gatsby being awesome and sitting...





gatsbyadventures:

Siblings.

Gatsby being awesome and sitting still. And Scout being…Scout.

1 comment:

  1. (Download) $12,234 in 2 months Gambling Program?

    Let me tell it right.

    I don't care about sports. Shame on me but I don't even know the soccer rules.

    I tried everything from FOREX & stocks to internet marketing and affiliate networks.. I even made some money but then lost it all away when the stock market went south.

    I think I finally found it. Get It Today!!!

    ReplyDelete